Templates on the Opportunity level can be upgraded with a newly created template while retaining selected data from existing Opportunities.
Both Playbook and Scorecard templates can be upgraded.
Example: Users are already working with a deployed template. Your organization plans to change, delete or add new data or events (e.g. scorecard questions, answers, scoring changes etc.).
With Template Upgrade, Organizations can now upgrade existing templates with newly created data and events, while still keeping all or some of the existing data.
You must map all data to synchronize the newly upgraded template with the old template. Failure to correctly map data will result in the loss of data
We strongly recommend testing an upgrade of one Opportunity to ensure your settings are correct and all data migrates successfully. You will receive an email when the upgrade is complete. Check that all data has migrated correctly.
Upgrading a Template
Make sure the Target (new) Template is ready for upgrade and is in Active mode.
Go to Import / Export and select the Source (old) Template, and the Target (new) Template
Click the Upgrade button
Once you click the Upgrade button you will go through a setup process.
1. Check to ensure that you have the correct templates for Source and Target templates.
2. If you choose, you may select options to delete custom data.
3. Map data for Playbook.
4. Map data for Scorecard.
5. Select Opportunities for upgrade and start the upgrade.
1. Get Started
‘Get Started’ displays the selected Source Template and the selected Target Template, with the option to switch between templates.
- If you have already created and saved a data migration map for this source/target template combination, select the file to migrate the data.
‘Options’ allows you to delete custom Events, Checklist items and Documents which may have been added into the old template by users. You can choose to exclude these items from migrating to the new template.
‘Playbook’ displays data from the Source (old) Template and from the Target (new) Template for Playbook.
Where possible, the data is auto-mapped.
Data from the Source (old) Template will be mapped, deleted or added to the Target (new) Template.
= Mapped: Will be upgraded in the Target Template
= Deleted: Not Mapped (Will be deleted and not added to the Target Template)
= Added: Will be added to the Target Template
= Will remain in the Target Template
Examples of Mapping:
- In Example 1: Changes were made to the event and checklist item = “(if necessary)” and “to engage Aurea Legal” were deleted in the new template.
- In this example, the upgrade detected that the two items are not the same and automatically determines that the event in the Source Template will be deleted (x) and the new information in the Target Template will be added (+).
- In this example the checklist item “Follow legal template to engage Aurea Legal” will be deleted. If you want to retain that checklist item, then you will need to map the checklist item to the Target Template.
- Under Maps To, open -None- and select the option to map data.
- Example 2: Shows a new event with checklist items that were NOT present in the old template.
- In this case, the new information will be added to the Target (new) Template.
- No Data mapping is required.
- Example 3: Shows an event with checklist items in the Source (old) Template in which check list items have been deleted.
- The deleted items will NOT upgrade to the Target Template.
- When you have finished setting your map for deleted and added information, click Next
Scorecard mapping behaves in the same manner as Playbook.
You are now ready to save your mapping and finish the upgrade process.
Save Mapping - will download your mapping for future use. It is recommended to save your mapping before testing or upgrading.
Which Opportunities should be upgraded?
Select Single Opportunity - will upgrade only one Opportunity.
Import CSV with Opportunity records
All Opportunities with Source template - will upgrade all Opportunities with Source template.
Start Upgrade - initiates the upgrade process
Upgrade single Opportunity:
Upgrade all Opportunities:
Click Start Upgrade and Confirm
Wait a little bit and click Refresh Job Progress
When the upgrade has been completed, you will get a screen confirmation. You will also receive an email.