Who can create (deploy) / edit / delete ClosePlan
- Any User who will be working with ClosePlan needs to be assigned with a ClosePlan License in the User Manager which will also assign required Permission Sets.
- For more information on how to provision users, please see: User Manager#User-Provisioning
- ClosePlan inherits sharing from the Opportunity and behaves according to the settings of the master-detail relationship between ClosePlan and Opportunity which is by default: "Read/Write" This allows users with at least Read/Write Permission to access the Master record to create, edit, or delete related detail records. Users with the permission to edit the Opportunity, have permission to create/edit/delete the ClosePlan.
However, by default the ClosePlan app restricts the right to create ClosePlans only to Opportunity Owners or Users above in the hierarchy. This behavior can be changed within ClosePlan Admin settings.
Who can create/edit/delete ClosePlan by default
|Owner of the Opportunity|
|Users above the Opportunity Owner in role hierarchy|
|Other Users with Create/Edit/Delete right and Read/Wright access to Opportunity|
Playbook Read/Edit accessibility
When a ClosePlan is created, all Events in the Playbook are assigned to the owner of the Opportunity by default.
Playbook Events have independent sharing from the Opportunity. The Opportunity is set to Private sharing mode by default.
ClosePlan distributes sharing access using Managed Sharing, which will make sure that Playbook Event Owner access is granted to the Opportunity Owner as well as the Opportunity Team Members.
Users in the hierarchy above the Users with granted access will also be able to access related Playbook Events.
Other Users must be added to the Opportunity Team, or have the individual Event(s) assigned to them, in order to have access.
Sharing mode for ClosePlan Events can be changed to Public Read-Only, which will allow users to see the Events if they don't have access.
- Users added to the Opportunity Team can view and edit all events.
- Users not added to the Opportunity Team, but with assigned event(s) can view and edit only assigned events.
How to enable ClosePlan creation for all users
The feature "Allow ClosePlan deployment by members" enables Users to create a ClosePlan with edit access to the Opportunity for any User. (Note: Users still need to be assigned with a ClosePlan license in the User Manager)
The conditions to read/edit ClosePlan are the same as in settings by default, see above.
- Go to the ClosePlan Admin tab > Environment > General > enable Allow ClosePlan deployment by Members and Save.
Creating a New ClosePlan in the Standalone App
There are several ways to create a new ClosePlan, depending on your Salesforce environment and whether you are running Classic or Lightning Experience version.
Currently there are two ways to create a new ClosePlan:
1. Create from the ClosePlan list view
- Click the +ClosePlan button located in the list header.
- No fields are pre-populated until the Account and Opportunity are selected.
- Find any record that does not currently have a ClosePlan and click the Create button.
- Opportunities that have "Create ClosePlan" in blue DO NOT yet have a ClosePlan created.
Creating Your ClosePlan
- Now that you have created a new ClosePlan, you need to:
- Find and select the Account using lookup
- Note: Every time you change Accounts, the opportunity lookup will load the related Opportunities from which you can select.
- Note: If the Opportunity lookup does not show any records, it means the selected Account does not have any ClosePlans, or you do not have permission.
- Find and select the Opportunity using the lookup. The remaining fields will be populated based on your selection.
- Select Template from available records. See the Select Template section for more information.
- Click Save.
How to Create a New ClosePlan from the Opportunity Page
Creating a ClosePlan from an Opportunity Page can vary based on your environment and configuration. The following section describes the most common configuration use-case.
Note: This method will only work if the widget is present on the the page. If not, create your ClosePlan through Opportunity modules below.
For Lightning Experience:
- Find the widget on the page (Usually at the top of the right column).
- Click the Create button.
- Find the ClosePlan section on the page
- Click the Create button
Creating a new ClosePlan from Opportunity modules
Every ClosePlan module allows you to create a ClosePlan from within, whether in Lightning or Classic view.
For Lightning Experience:
- Open a tab from any ClosePlan module (ie: Scorecard or Playbook).
- Click the Create button on the right.
- Find the ClosePlan section or standalone component section on the page layout.
- Click on the Create button.
Selecting a template is a crucial step. The template you choose drives what content and process will be deployed to the Opportunity.
If your organization has deployed only one active template, this template will be automatically loaded.
How to delete a template
If you choose the wrong template, you can delete the incorrect ClosePlan and reselect a ClosePlan with the correct template.
Any ClosePlan can be deleted through the Opportunity Overview widget or in the standalone ClosePlan App.
Standalone ClosePlan App tab: