To upgrade to the new version, follow the same steps as during installation:
In some upgrades, you may be asked for the location of the upgrade. If so, follow:
- Choose where you want to install the application and click Install Here
- Install in this org = Installation to your Production organization
- Install in a Sandbox org = Installation to your Sandbox organization
Continue to the next step
- Select Install for All users > click Upgrade
- Wait until ClosePlan successfully installs.
- Installation can take longer than you think. You will receive an e-mail when the installation is complete.
- NOTE: There may be additional issues which may prevent installation, such as specific configurations in your Salesforce organization. In such cases, please contact the ClosePlan team and forward any error messages presented during the installation.
Salesforce uses persistent caching, which may prevent new changes from being applied instantly or may even present temporary errors until the session is refreshed.
This behavior can be solved by temporarily turning persistent caching OFF:
Automatic upgrades are governed by ClosePlan and pushed to Clients under the following situations:
- Client agrees to automatically receive the latest version upgrades.
- Client approves new version install when requested.
Minor version upgrades are usually done automatically after version release. Minor versions are restricted in terms of content by Salesforce and cover hot-fixes or impact-free updates.